Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Care Manager for our client a large local government based in Bournemouth.
The successful candidate will provide a Social Care service, supporting people in vulnerable circumstances and their carers to achieve a maximum independence and autonomy, as directed by national policy, legislation and guidance in accordance with the organisation’s policies.
This is a 5 month starting contract with the possibility for extensions.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- To provide suitable information, support, and advice where needs have been identified, or requests for information made.
- As required under the Department of Health Guidance, to gather information from service users, carers, health professionals and other agencies to undertake and prepare person centred and needs led assessments in line with the required Assessments Processes (e.g. single assessment, ICPA, etc).
- Support individuals to prepare, develop and plan their Care Plans and, where appropriate, with their carers support, the individual to arrange and / or represent holistic care plan, taking the lead on individual brokerage where required, negotiating required services.
- Undertake the monitoring, adjusting, evaluation and reviewing of Assessments and Care Plans for service users and carers.
- Support individuals to access eligible sources of income, including where appropriate benefit checks; continuing health care; community care; Supporting People monies, etc.
- Consider whether a person may not have the mental capacity to make specific decisions and to take forward appropriate actions under the Mental Capacity Act as required.
- Operate within financial and budgetary guidelines whilst applying the Borough’s eligibility criteria and balancing risks to service users and carers.
- As statutory duty dictates, maintain essential records including information for continuity, safeguarding and statically purposed and create and store records and information available in accordance with data protection.
- Forge and maintain effective links with partner agencies, e.g GPs, Community Nurses, Psychiatric Services, Police, etc, to ensure useful and effective partnership working.
- Undertake duty / immediate response work within the team to make unknown and often potential critical situations safe.
- Experience of working in a care management framework.
- Able to undertake visits to people in their own homes and elsewhere.
- Able to prioritise risks and needs against Fair Access to Care Services criteria and implement a plan for provision of service.
- Express working approach that is non-discriminatory and evidences their commitment to empowering people.
- Car Driver with vehicle available and insured for business use.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate.
Working Hours: 09:00am – 17:00pm, Monday – Friday
Pay: £31.26 p/h
Please note this role is within the scope of IR35.
Key Words: Care Plan, Care Management Framework, Home Visit