Positive Employment is currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Officer for our client a local government based in Southampton.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Accounts Payable, Client Monies Team (Appointeeship). To deliver all activity in accordance with policy. To deliver the service to meet performance and service standards
This is a 4 month starting contract with the possibility for extensions.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Follow directions from and assist the team with the ‘daily’ tasks that are required to keep the Appointeeship Service running.
- Open, review and distribute post to the team.
- Scan and file numerous documents, name appropriately and save to correct client file within Care Director and/or SCC shared drive.
- Assist with weekly (Monday) the processing of Bacs Payments to client accounts.
- Review and process Extra Money Requests for Appointeeship Clients. Liaising with other team members to ensure requests are appropriate.
- Any related items that the supervisors request help with, directly relating to a permanent Accounts Payable Officer role tasks.
- Proficient keyboard skills.
- Excellent understanding of MS Office and Outlook.
- Excellent understanding and use of Excel spreadsheets.
- An understanding of GDPR and the need for client confidentiality.
- Previous experience in a relevant position.
Working Hours: 10:30am – 15:30pm, Monday – Friday, 22.2 hours per week
Pay: £14.14 – £15.30 p/h
Please note this role is within the scope of IR35.
Key Words: Payable, Accounts, Admin, Excel