Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Test Engineer for our client a local government based in Exeter.
The successful candidate will manage testing of a new set of tools to visualise weather data, create graphical and templated products, distribute products to customers and to orchestrate the workflow for the different parts of the systems.
SC CLEARENCE IS ESSENTIAL!
This is a 3 month starting contract with the possibility for extensions.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Functional testing – You can design and execute a wide range of testing techniques and communicate test results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You can make decisions on the environment for testing, and can coach others. You can identify defects, alert the business to them, and help to prioritise them based on defect severity.
- Non-functional testing – You can have experience of non-functional testing techniques. You can execute non-functional test scenarios and identify defects. You can run non-functional tests others have written and know the processes to do so. You understand a range of standard non-functional testing techniques.
- Technical breadth – You can demonstrate a good working knowledge of different tools and techniques, and can train others. You can advise others on testing techniques and frameworks. You can effectively research, plan and train others within the team. You have experience of working with AWS or other cloud technologies.
- Test analysis – You can think creatively, ask the right questions and critically evaluate and communicate findings to a larger team. You can lead investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing processes. You can drive the collection of information and the creation of recommendations for improvements. You can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to determine solutions.
- Communication and Test Management -You are a highly experienced communicator who has worked with a wide range of stakeholders including 3rd party suppliers, who is able to collaborate with multiple teams within a Project/programme of work to deliver effective testing services.
- Previous Testing experience with an ‘all-round’ skillset.
- Testing experience: Cypress Test Framework, API testing, integration testing and also non- functional testing -Performance testing, accessibility testing.
- SC Clearance.
Working Hours: 09:00am – 17:00pm, Monday – Friday // Hybrid or Remote
Pay: £600.00 per day
Please note this role is within the scope of IR35.