Positive Employment is currently recruiting an experienced Stock Controller to work for our client based in Camden.
The successful candidate will have to have experience of Stock Control within a Bus Depot or similar environment and is able to provide an inventory and upload on databases such as truckfile and excel. The post holder will ensure parts are available as required for the service and repair of vehicles. In order to be able to undertake this role you will be required to have the ability to:
- Stock fast moving and spares, ensuring that you are making effective recommendations
- Source all parts, at the best possible purchase price and in compliance with procurement processes
- Plan and make proposals for expenditure within the vehicle parts budget, making recommendations based on your knowledge and experience
- Make recommendations to amend the increases and decreases in stock levels based on known usage and demand levels.
- Be responsible for maintaining an accurate computerised record of stock levels and to ensure that all requests for vehicle spares are entered and costed out to a job sheet and entered on Truck File
- Carry out regular stock checks and report any shortfalls or discrepancies to the Workshop Manager and Head of Service
- Raise order numbers for all suppliers; receive maintenance section invoices for checking and authorisation.
- Maintain an accurate computerised record of all warranty claims in respect of vehicle spares and monitor all credits received
- Maintain the battery store ensuring that batteries are checked for serviceability and recharged as necessary
- Ensure that all spares and goods purchased are done so in the most economically favourable manner
- Liaise with external workshops in order to resolve and negotiate minor operational issues.
- Keep all stores buildings including tyre and battery bays secure at all times
- Carry out any other Workshop / Stores duties as requested by the Workshop Manager
- Adhere to Health and Safety, Environmental Management, Data Protection, Equal Opportunities, Freedom of Information, Race Relations and European Convention of Human Rights (ECHR) Legislation and ensuring compliance with local procedures
- More than 2 years’ experience within a stores controller environment or experience within the motor industry
- Administration experience to include good keyboard and IT literacy skills, including word- processing, email and spreadsheet spread sheet skills
- Polite and professional manner and with proven ability in providing excellent customer service in a busy environment
- Candidates must be compliant and hold a current standard DBS
Working hours: 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered