Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Temporary Senior Procurement Officer for our client based in South London.
The successful post holder will support the Category / Procurement Manager in all matters across the category and where necessary deputise for the Category Manager at Strategy Meetings and Industry Forums.
The successful post holder will also assist with the planning, managing and co-ordinating work of the borough aligned with this category.
It is expected the postholder will support members of the team tasked with delivering the category specific multi-million-pound annual procurement programme.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Play a key role in shaping and implementing the procurement strategy for the category with a focus on collaborative working and partnering.
- Assist in the category leadership of a professional procurement team to plan tendering projects and to negotiate and deliver value for money contracts.
- Fully participate in the development and delivery of a one-year category specific programme for procurement that meets service timescales, facilitates the delivery of improved services, achieves value for money.
- Support leadership and provide expert advice and implement procurement best practice to deliver tendering projects across the category for the council.
- Participate in the implementation of contract and relationship management practices across the category for the council, working with colleagues, end users and providers.
- Ensure that contract leads across the category for the council are trained and suitably equipped to carry out their contract performance and supplier relationship management responsibilities in line with the agreed practices.
- To maintain an up to date and expert knowledge of changes in legislation and understanding their impact for the category and for the council. To identify, contribute and assist in updating council procurement policies and procedures accordingly within the governance arrangements.
- Working with relevant colleagues to improve the strategic relationships with partners, suppliers and others to achieve value for money throughout the contract life cycle.
- To quantify spending at category levels of all goods and services, identify, contribute and implement a year over year cost saving programme. Use a category management approach to spend analysis.
- Produce reports and guidance documents on significant issues including supplier performance, strategic market management and policy matters as defined by the category team.
- Participate in the development of market intelligence reporting through structured bench marking, market research and peer networking by the service contract managers. Assist the presentation of the information to senior managers in order to inform future direction and the pace of change, future procurement strategy and contract packaging.
- Recognise the necessary flexibility required to work as part of the category team and the wider professional procurement cohort and organisation as demand develops and changes from time to time.
- Exercise vigilance and awareness to prevent fraudulent activities in line with the financial regulations, establish mechanisms to ensure separation of project management from delivery of contracts.
- 3 year’s work reference
- Demonstrable experience of managing Procurement in the construction industry including knowledge of staged delivery, types of construction and knowledge of relevant forms of contract and pricing schedules
- Procurement legislation knowledge
- Proven experience of working in a contract and procurement role
- Knowledge of Eu Procurement directives
- Experience in the use of e-procurement systems and tools
Working hours: 09:30 am to 17:30 pm
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered