Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Senior Environmental Health Officer for our client based in Waltham Forest.
The successful applicant will ensure compliance is met in relation to programmed noise services, reviewing planning applications with regards to noise. In addition, the postholder will support the wider work of the Air Quality & Environmental Protection Service.
Main Responsibilities but not limited to:
· Plan, organise and deliver own work to support the delivery of the regulatory / statutory / legal service and ensure completion of tasks within required standards and timescales.
· Investigate compliance / legal issues within area of responsibility. Including where required more complex / serious issues within specific area of specialisation.
· Preparation of notices, orders, reports, recordings, specifications and drawings, works and estimates in standard formats as required.
· Provide advice and information to customers and stakeholders. Where appropriate challenge existing practices.
· Ensure all financial transactions are processed and reconciled correctly, money /payments are kept securely, and receipts are issued as required.
· Conduct training for staff and official visitors on the function of the service.
· To be fully competent and have experience in the full range of environmental protection regulatory and enforcement activities
· Represent the client at inquiries / court / tribunal to present evidence.
· Carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others and report any potential hazards or unsafe practices to line manager.
· Environmental Health Degree or Diploma and/or other Noise related qualification
· Experience in a range of technical activities relating to the work of the Environmental Protection Team
· Experience in enforcing legislation
· Experience of working in and with a multi- agency enforcement to achieve compliance across a range of service areas
· Experience of investigating all types of complaints within Environmental Health relating to Noise, Public Health, Pollution and other nuisance.
· Experience of producing detailed reports
· Experience of working independently and on own initiative to meet deadlines
· Ability to work flexibly to complete tasks associated with job, including evening/weekend work where necessary
Working hours: 09.00 -17.30 pm
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered