Our client based in North London are currently recruiting a Temporary Minute Taker to join their team. The successful candidate will provide a range of high level minute taker support to Safeguarding meetings, ensuring that the meetings operate as effectively as possible. As well as providing a comprehensive Conferencing service; taking detailed minutes at Child Protection Conferences, completing and typing these minutes accurately to set timescales, entering information on to the ICS database and sending these out to the relevant professionals, following Barnet’s data protection policies.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the Safeguarding Management team in respect of divisional, departmental and inter-agency work.
Review & implement administrative processes around the Child Protection/Safeguarding Service.
- Be responsible for organising all Child Protection Conferences, supporting the Chair person
- Liaise by telephone, correspondence and in person with colleagues and other professionals from a variety of multi-agency settings, including Psychiatric/Paediatric Health, Legal Services, Education, Police Child Protection Team, Probation, to ensure effective organisation of case conferences and other inter-agency meetings.
- Attend and fully minute Pre-Birth, Initial, Review and Special CP Conferences to produce a concise, detailed and accurate record of the information presented, including contributions from specialists and from the parents and children. In addition to Conferences, Conference Administrators may also be required to attend and minute a range of other Safeguarding meetings.
- Undertake other duties which are in line with the basic objectives of the post and within the general level of responsibility of the post.
- Reproduction of reports relevant to the child protection Conference, to be produced in readiness of the meeting.
- Minute takers will need a 60wpm+ typing speed. Minute takers will need to be able to type minutes in the CPC meeting with a 24-hour turnaround; minuting 2+ meetings per day.
- Minuting will not solely include Child Protection Conferences but a variety of other appropriate Safeguarding meetings (e.g. CIN meetings, Serious Incident meetings) Meetings may be held in a variety of venues, so ability to be mobile and travel is essential
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered