Our client based in Southwark are currently recruiting a management information officer to join their team on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate will ensure that performance management information is of good quality, that it supports the work of the Senior Analyst and the operational management.
You will support Children and Families front line workers, manager and the wider performance team in developing proactive products leading to solutions focusing on improving outcomes for children and families.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- To maintain confidentiality on all information relating to service users and staff (past and present), ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- To produce statistical information that supports performance management and operational managerial decision making based upon data that is reliable and of good quality.
- Develop specific knowledge and skills that support the remit of the Senior Performance Analysts – Safeguarding and Care
- To support in the research, collation, capture, storage and publication of evidence and datasets to support strategic planning and decision-making within Children and Families.
- The post-holder will be required to liaise with colleagues across the to ensure that data and intelligence are shared widely and efficiently.
- To prepare cyclical and ad-hoc Children and Families performance reports and present these to managers and other stakeholders as required.
- Be a champion for statutory data and reporting frameworks for Children and Families and support all necessary data collection, validation, and reporting to support compliance with these.
- Keep informed and up to date with best practice models and changes in policy that impact on social care and safeguarding and how they are measured.
- Work to a consistently high standard. Implement and comply with systems to demonstrate quality and performance, including external assessment and customer feedback.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be required from time to time.
- To be successful in this role you will have a good understanding of the national and local context for children’s services, including Early Help, Safeguarding and Looked After Children including Care Leavers. Also, a good understanding of legislation, policy and the regulatory frameworks governing Children’s Services, excellent analytical and numerical skills and a demonstrable ability to work with datasets.
- Relevant professional qualification or experience of children’s services.
- Experience of performance management, data cleanliness, quality assurance processes and operations in a high performing team.
- Ability to support in the production of information for external regulators including for inspection.
- Experience of data protection and safeguarding frameworks.
- Ability to produce performance information, quality intelligence and analysis products which support service improvement.
- Experience of using a range of software and systems relevant to children’s services in support of data extraction, manipulation, presentation and submission, for example:
- Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access);
- Business Objects Infoview & Web Intelligence, Mosaic, Synergy, BI tools (preferably PowerBI)
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered