Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Support Workers to work for our client based in Enfield.
The successful candidate will provide day care and social education to autistic people with learning disabilities who are experiencing emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to obtain an Autism specific Diploma in Health & Social Care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To implement a social Education Programme, the fundamental element of which are contained in a programme of activities organised in response to each client’s individual needs.
- To accept responsibilities for a session group and have a professional interest in the lives of everyone attending the Service
- To teach and encourage intellectual and social awareness in the service setting and outside
- Under the supervision of a Senior Day Service Trainer to act as an advocate, co-ordinator, and keyworker for a group of clients
- To undertake individual assessment of Service Users abilities around social education training, personal hygiene and self-care, leisure e.g. swimming and other programmed activities
- To monitor the effectiveness and develop individual programmes and in liaison with the Senior Day Service Trainer to modify the programme if appropriate. In this, to work with parents and other professionals
- To prepare reports, keep records, attend, and participate in reviews and case conferences on Service Users and to implement recommendations affecting their programmes, in liaison with the manager
- In liaison with other staff of the service to plan and organise outside activities for social education and recreational purpose.
- To accompany service users in activates outside the service as an escort, which may necessitate staying outside normal working hours.
Skill & Requirements:
- A patient and understanding attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport effectively
- Motivation and the ability to work under your own initiative
- Compassion and a non-judgmental outlook
- A responsible mature attitude
- Flexibility – this is essential!
- A current, full driving license is useful
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Reliability and punctuality
Working hours: 8:30AM – 4:00PM , Monday – Friday ( Plus 4 Saturdays per year)
Salary : £18,000
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered
Please note successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check on the updated service