We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client based in Waltham Forest, for a Sports and Leisure Officer.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Act within guidelines and standard procedures with discretion to allocate or otherwise organise work to meet service delivery requirements. Works within laid down procedures but needs to deal with day-today problems without always referring to others.
- To be responsible for the development and improvement of community sport and physical activity participation levels across the borough.
- To make a major contribution to increasing access to sport, physical activity and other forms of active recreation by creating more opportunities for Waltham Forest residents to enhance their health and quality of life.
- To work with providers, partners and other stakeholders to deliver high quality opportunities for community sport and leisure.
- To procure, commission, review, monitor, evaluate and develop those services.
- Liaise, communicate and build relationships with customers / providers / stakeholders to refer to Major contract management and Compliance manager for advice and deal with queries or complaints.
- Deal with people at all levels confidently, sensitively and diplomatically.
- A minimum of two years full time experience in sport/ Leisure management contracts and Facility Management
- Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships, positively influencing people and successfully negotiating with partner organisations to deliver physical activity and leisure service improvements
- Experience in budget management.
- Experience in developing new facilities.
- Experience in generating commercial revenue
- Track record of strong and effective leadership
- An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use ICT in the delivery of the requirements of the post
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple events and to tight deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of delivering high quality customer focused services
- Knowledge and understanding of leisure management and greenspace contracts
- Knowledge of possible sources of external funding and the application process
- Full UK driving licence and use of own transport
- Enhanced DBS is required
- Numeracy and literacy qualification e.g. GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification
- Degree or equivalent or vocational qualification in relevant subject or area
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
WORKING HOURS: 9AM -5PM
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered