Our client based in North London are currently recruiting qualified and child-focused social workers at Senior Practitioner level. To join their Young Adults Service Team. The service plays a vital role in continuing the child’s journey when cases are transferred from the children’s team for longer term care leaving service and transitioning to adulthood.
They are a busy and supportive service working children and young people leaving care aged 16 to 25 years old. They also manage the referral and assessment for unaccompanied minors arriving aged 16 + and ensure a robust response to age assessment requirements.
The ideal candidate will need to be a resilient and an authoritative practitioner who places children and young people and their welfare at the heart of their practice.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Manage the referral and assessment for newly arriving UASC’s, which includes child and family assessments and age assessment, and the re-assessment of returning care leavers
- Manage the service’s emergency duty service which ensures our children and young people can be assisted in a timely manner in the event of unavailability of their allocated worker and responded to
- Ensure all care leavers who need immediate support have their voices heard, responded to and recorded consistently
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with both internal and external partners to ensure that children and young people are safe
- Support your Team Manager in developing the team, e.g., potentially supporting and mentoring ASYE and less experienced colleagues, offer 1-2-1 supervision to personal advisors and day -to day management of the duty team and receptionists and help to implement and drive a high performance culture
- Recognised Social Work Qualified and HCPC Registered
- Evidence of continued professional development
- 5 years of employment references
- £19-£25 p/h DOE
For a full comprehensive job description or more information please apply today!
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered