Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Officer to work for our client based in London and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will support the finance manager in providing a high quality and comprehensive accountancy service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading on specific tasks including the production of annual accounts to trial balance, provision of excellent supporting evidence for audit.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure completion of timely, unqualified statutory accounts, VAT returns, bank reconciliation, ledger control, cash flow control, budget monitoring, financial planning and the provision of financial activity support to the companies.
- Take ownership of specific finance processes to ensure all officers are appropriately trained and able to carry out these processes in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Proactively develop commercial awareness, skills, understanding and abilities in delivering finance services to the companies.
- Deal professionally and effectively with all contacts from a wide range of people, including senior managers where appropriate, using tact and discretion, assessing needs and re-directing enquiries, where appropriate.
- Deal with escalations from company staff and Directors and officers from across the Council to ensure any issues are resolved and requests are completed in a timely manner and guide the resolution of issues being undertaken by Finance Officers.
- Continuously develop and maintain up to date technical knowledge to ensure core IT requirements are met and opportunities to increase automation within the function are identified.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3 years’ work reference
- Enhanced DBS required
- Excellent experience and understanding of company accounting, in particular production of accounts to trial balance, provision of excellent supporting evidence for audit and liaison with auditors to ensure completion of timely, unqualified statutory accounts
- Experience in the provision of information for Board reports, including ratio analysis, cash flow analysis, budget monitoring and outturn reports
- Experience of leading change/efficiency initiatives
- Excellent communication skills and experience including working with senior stakeholders
- Excellent IT/Technical skills, knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills, with experience in keeping timely, complete, and accurate records and prioritising of a heavy and diverse workload
- AAT qualified/part qualified CCAB accountant
Working Hours: 09.00am -17.30pm
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered