Are you an experienced Road and Street Works Inspector looking to join a nurturing and supportive local authority?
If so, this job may be for you. Read now to find out!
The successful candidate will be responsible for checking that the works carried out by contractors on the public highway meet the requirements of, but not exclusive to, the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and Safety at Street Works and Road Works.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Inspecting works that require a permit or licence under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Taking the initiative to rectify any non-compliant sites that you find on the public highway.
- Engaging with contractors to provide positive outcomes including reducing the impact of road works on the road network and reducing the impact of works on surrounding residents and businesses.
- Providing concise and detailed feedback to coordinators and managers to enable decisions to be made using accurate information regarding the on-site status of works.
- Undertake a range of duties as specified by line managers to assist the efficient operation of the team and the services it delivers.
- Make appropriate and effective use of information technology and council bespoke systems relating to the designated occupational area of work. Ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Communicate effectively and respond to both internal and external customer enquiries to the appropriate quality standards either by telephone, email, letter or face-to-face sensitively and efficiently.
- Have recognised New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 accredited training.
- A good understanding of Local Authority and highways network operations.
- Extensive Street Works experience in accordance with New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Customer focus with members of the public and other third parties.
- A good understanding of the Code of Practice for the Specification for the Reinstatement and Openings of Highways.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on their own.
Working Hours: 09:00am – 17:00pm, Monday – Friday / Hybrid
Salary: £40,005.00 to £46,053.00 + Benefits