Our client based in Basildon are currently recruiting a Refuse Loader to join their Refuse & Cleansing team. The successful candidate will undertake refuse and recycling work.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Undertake refuse/recycling collection from all properties listed for route including wheeled bins, bulk containers, sacks and bulky items.
- Maintaining a good service to the public at all times including: –
- Closing gates when leaving premises
- Avoiding or picking up any spillage on premises or in the road
- Avoiding damage to property and injury to persons
- Keeping noise to a minimum
- Courtesy in dealing with the public
- Assist drivers whilst reversing by appropriate hand or spoken instructions, for which training will be provided.
- Liaising with the public over any queries arising from the refuse/recycling collection
- Any other work as directed by the Refuse Supervisor.
- During ice and snow periods Operatives may be employed on snow clearing or gritting of pavements.
- Cooperate in all matters relating to Health and Safety and implement all procedures for your job role. The identification of Health and Safety related risks within the working environment must be highlighted to your management.
- 07:30 – 15:15
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered