Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Principal Accountant for our client based in North London area.
The successful post holder will identify trends and changes in the operating environment (e.g. legislation, technology, policy, etc.) that could financially impact service delivery; provide advice and collaborate on potential solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Support finance management in advising on funding, financial management and accounting requirements
- Promote a culture which empowers budget holders and supports the delivery of value for money services and knowledge of key cost drivers
- Draw on knowledge of company’s services and the related financial complexities, to support the provision of systems and procedures that enable effective budgetary control;
- Ensure that variations and emerging financial pressures are drawn to the attention of appropriate managers, and support the development of options and plans for their resolution with the finance management
- Develop appropriate financial models and analytics to determine financial impact of future service demands, changes in legislation and other factors affecting resource requirements
- Support the attainment of alternative sources of funding that contribute towards identified funding gaps
- Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (Essential)
- Work references covering last 3 years (Essential)
- Experience of closure of accounts, i.e preparation of statement of accounts notes (Essential)
- Managing / Dealing with external auditors with regards to audit queries (Essential)
- Experience working with Whole of Government Accounts (WGA) (Essential)
WORKING HOURS AND RATE:
- Mon – Fri, 09:00am – 17:30am
- Rate: £33.16 umbrella
Please note, only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.