Positive employment is currently recruiting in behalf of our client in Southwark for a Pest Control Technician, to carry out pest control duties within the borough and in different geographical locations to maintain council and client buildings, dwellings and surrounding areas free of infestation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out inspections to Dwellings across the borough to monitor or treat infestations.
- To provide effective and safe treatments for any pests found during routine inspections or reactive works.
- Liaise and feedback relevant information to residents with regards to affecting factors within their dwelling to assist in the eradication of pests.
- To maintain work equipment and PPE in the correct manner, to prevent possible harm to others and yourself.
- Practice the safe application of pesticides in accordance with legislation.
- To attend regular training to keep up to date with new treatment methods and pesticides change both in products and legislation.
- To communicate and report on a regular basis to supervisor level on treatments and problems found along with recommendations.
- Provide written accounts of treatments carried out in dwellings in the correct manner as these can be used in court by the Council.
- To maintain a safe working environment including a clean and organised vehicle.
- To carry out treatments outside normal working hours if required also to include weekend work and to attend meetings if requested outside normal working hours.
- To be available to be on emergency call out rota as required.
- Provide technical support to all Neighbourhood Housing Offices and other agencies managing Council properties.
- Make recommendations for buildings, either to go under a maintenance program or to come away from the program.
- Assess potential problems with infestations and assist in making recommendations for repairs or structure at planning stage to overcome likely future infestations or their spread from one dwelling to another.
- Whilst on site visit, always be on a lookout for breach of Health and Safety Regulations by other Contractors representing the Council and take immediate corrective action.
- General understanding of pest control, within an urban environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Council equal opportunities Policies
- Qualified to RSPH Level 2 in Pest Management or industry equivalent
- Excellent customer service experience within the Public or Private sector
- Excellent communication written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and prioritise workload
- Enhanced DBS Check required on the update service
- Knowledge of pest control species in the inner-city and high-density areas e.g. habits, habitats, life cycle, treatments, and variations
- Experience working effectively in a team
- Ability to initiate and carry out work independently
- Ability to record details using information technology relative to the requirements of the post.
- Hold current full Drivers Licence
Working hours: 36 hours – Monday to Saturday – 07.00 AM – 17.00 PM
Rate: £16.28 umbrella
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered