Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Parking & Licencing Officer for our client based in Lambeth.
The successful post holder will be responsible for the evaluation and approval of all statutory permissions to park on kerbside space, suspend parking, or to licence the use of the highway. They will minimise fraudulent use of valuable parking/highway space by checking customer eligibility and validating requests.
The Post holder will make sure that a highly professional customer experience is delivered at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To consider and validate all applications for parking permits, making sure that all requests are assessed and approved in accordance with parking policies and procedures.
- To adopt a proactive approach to making sure that Lambeth only issues permits to genuine residents/businesses/staff to prevent permit fraud by reporting all suspected fraudulent applications to the relevant officers.
- To consider and approve applications to suspend kerbside parking space, liaising with the client’s contractors to ensure that information on suspension requirements is given to the on-street Suspension Officers accurately and timely and that suspensions are installed and removed in line with approved timelines.
- To investigate and authorise the removal of abandoned vehicles in line with the Council’s statutory duties and policies.
- To deal with requests for land searches
- To manage requests to place structures/items on the highway including skips, scaffolding and table and chairs licencing.
- To manage applications for road closures and parking suspensions to facilitate filming, play streets, street parties and other events.
- To securely maintain and control stock of parking permits and coordinate delivery of stock to customer centres as and when required
- To assist with the supervision and training of new and inexperienced staff, providing support and sharing knowledge when required.
- To keep abreast of changes and developments in parking related issues. Participate in local software development and assist with the training of less experienced staff in use of computer software applications.
- To actively participate in lessons learned forums to make sure that the team learns from issues that arise and takes immediate action to improve.
- To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
- Experience of managing an inbox, providing a high standard of response to customers within defined SLA timelines
- Knowledge or experience of administering parking permits highly desirable but not essential
- Highly organised with experience of meeting deadlines and targets
- Computer literate with experience of bespoke IT systems
- Excellent written communication skills and telephone manner
- The ability to take ownership of issues and resolve problems for customers
- An understanding of parking policy and detailed knowledge of all Lambeth’s permit processes
- Experience of working within a fast-paced, customer focused environment
- Experience of processing transactions, preferably in a multi-disciplinary organisation
- Works collaboratively with others
- Excellent communication skills
Working hours: 09.00 pm to 17.00 pm (Monday to Friday)
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered