Positive Employment is currently recruiting for an Occupational Therapists for our clients based in North London.
The successful post holder will be providing an occupational therapy assessments, advice and assistance to residents and contribute to the provision of a comprehensive multi-disciplinary Community Care Service.
- Assessing the needs of clients under relevant legislation to assist in maximising their ability to achieve full participation in the community.
- To assess the need for and make recommendations on means of furthering the independence of clients including the use of domestic adaptations and personal aids.
- Ensuring that recommendations are implemented, liaising with all branches of the Social Services Department, other Council Departments and the Health Authorities as necessary.
- Maintenance of case records write reports and answer correspondence.
- Training of the client and his/her family in the correct use of equipment and adaptations.
- Responsibility for the training of occupational therapy students.
- To participate in regular multi-agency meetings and to be part of a multi-disciplinary team within the localities, to include Team Manager, Specialist Social Worker/Care manager, Social Worker/Care manager – Adults, District Nurse care Managers, Link Hospital Social Workers and Domiciliary Care Assessors.
- To provide contributory reports, professional advice and support to Community Care and Social Work staff in undertaking assessments of need, devising care plans to meet identified needs, including advising on potential provider agencies or types of service being provided and undertaking reviews of care plans and need.
- Advising staff and clients in day and residential establishments and their homes when required on the occupational therapy needs of disable persons under the Chronic Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970.
- Maintaining current information relating to aids and adaptations.
- Offering specialist advice to council departments on the design and allocation of special housing e.g. wheelchair, mobility.
- Offering specialist advice to Council Departments in the planning of day and residential provision.
- Advising technical staff in the making and modification of specific aids.
- To assist in building and maintaining effective working relationships with other borough agencies including health, voluntary sector in the provision of an OT service.
- Liaison with non-statutory organisations on matters concerning the work of the section.
- Using computer terminal (with training where necessary) to input and extract information and to prepare reports and statistical analysis according to Departmental standards.
- At all times carrying out responsibilities/duties within the framework of the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Moving and handling experience
- Community experience (adaptations, equipment, etc.)
- Occupational Therapist registered with Health Professions Council.
- Direct experience of working with people from different racial backgrounds.
- Ability to implement set procedures in relation to equipment and adaptations.
- Good written skills
- Enhanced DBS Check
Working hours: 09.00 pm to 17.00 pm (Monday to Friday)
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered