Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Early Years Practitioners for our client based in East London and surrounding areas.
The post holder must have experience of working with children in an early years environment/ nursery settings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To contribute as an experienced practitioner to all aspects of the daily operation of the setting, including implementation of operational plans and procedures; delivery of curriculum and educational programmes; catering; health and safety procedures, including safeguarding, cleaning routines and administration of children’s records.
- To provide full care and supervision for the children, ensuring that all their needs are met and working in close partnership with staff from local primary schools to provide fully integrated care and education and smooth transition from one phase to the next.
- To ensure that the setting’s resources are used cost-effectively.
- To promote high standards of behaviour and discipline and to uphold and promote the setting’s policies on equalities and inclusion.
- To implement all other of the settings’ policies and procedures, ensuring that the OFSTED standards are met, and records are kept as required.
- To help promote the setting with parents, local schools, other early years settings and the local community and to assist with marketing activities.
- To work in partnership with staff from schools and agencies, including network childminders, to deliver multi-agency services to parents and children in the local neighbourhood.
- To attend planning and staff meetings as required.
- To work in any of the service’s Children’s Centres and early years settings as required.
- To undertake any other duties which may become necessary to ensure the successful running of the setting.
- Level 3 qualification in early years practice or equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development and a willingness to undertake further training.
- Experience of working with children in an early year’s environment
- Knowledge of current principles and practices in early education and an understanding of early years legislation, including safeguarding.
- Experience of working in a multicultural community
Working hours: 07.30 – 18.00
Salary: £17,000 – £18,000 ( Depending on experience)
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered