Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Nursery Nurse for our client based in Haringey and surrounding area.
The successful applicant must have a willingness and desire for learning and working with children and their parents. This role will require being a key worker, planning children’s activities and keeping effective observation record on each child.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Encouraging learning and development, through play and teaching.
- Creating a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn.
- Working with parents to support their children.
- Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills.
- Monitoring progress and planning educational games.
- Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day.
- Helping children get ready for the transition into a classroom environment.
- Helping children to become more independent when carrying out daily tasks.
- Creating the right balance between activities and down time.
- Enhanced DBS on Update Service
- At least two most recent satisfactory work references
- Level 2 or above in Early Years Education
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be flexible, to cover staff within other nursery locations, when required.
- Previous experience working in childcare
WORKING HOURS AND RATE:
- £21,000 – £23,000 per annum
- Full-time, Mon – Fri, 9:00am – 18:00pm
- You may also be required to work between 08:00am – 17:00pm, when covering staff in other locations.
Please note, only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.