Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Learning & Development Partner for our client based in Southwark.
The successful candidate will provide a professional learning and development service to managers, co-ordinating and monitoring the delivery of learning solutions for the client to meet corporate and directorate specific needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver learning programmes that are aligned with the Council’s workforce strategy, meeting the current and anticipated future business needs.
- To deliver short to medium term programmes which change behaviours across the organisation, delivering training programmes and projects in close liaison with senior managers and partners and by managing relationships to achieve business objectives
- Participate in discussions with senior managers and Organisation Transformation colleagues to implement learning and development programmes.
- Hold responsibility under the guidance of the L&D strategic business partner for allocating resources and scheduling learning and development programmes.
- Monitor and evaluate effective expenditure and co-ordinate finance processes such as recharges, financial monitoring and projections and provide information for grant claims as required.
- To undertake research and report on findings for specific development activity projects, supporting the Organisation Transformation work programme.
- To undertake benchmarking evaluation of key L&D activities, involving liaison and meeting with external organisations, and report findings and recommendations.
- Establish monitoring protocols and manage appropriate checks on activity that deliver effective business outcomes and work with colleagues to ensure remedial action is taken where necessary.
- With an understanding of current and future business needs, ensure that learning and development supports decision making, service planning and delivery of improvement programmes.
- Promote learning networks and implement a programme of engagement across the council to support this.
- Maximise digital and technological developments to deliver engaging learning opportunities and support the organisation in taking a digital approach.
- Provide professional level learning and development advice, support, and guidance to managers, acting as an advisor and champion of best practice.
- Actively promote equalities issues through the application of the Council’s equalities practices and procedures and in accordance with relevant legislation, ensuring an integrated and consistent approach to learning and development access.
- CIPD qualification and membership required
- Experience of the professional and technical requirements of services across a local authority delivering around 600 services
- Working as a L&D professional in a large complex organisation
- Designing short to medium term L&D programmes to support the delivery of clear business focused outcomes aligned over the long term with delivering the Council’s overall workforce strategy
- Working collaboratively with members, political group offices, managers, and colleagues across the council to develop and implement learning and development projects and programmes
- Commissioning and evaluating a value for money programme of learning
- Providing professional L&D advice, support, and guidance to managers
- Ability to apply judgement in making evidence-based decisions using management information
- Customer focused and driven by the achievement of high standards and achievements through service/business delivery
- Ability to think clearly, analyse evidence and develop practical and innovative solutions to the management of operational issues and complex problems
- Attendance at meetings outside of office hours as and when required.
Working hours: 9:00AM – 17:00PM, Monday – Friday
Rate: £25 umbrella
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered