Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant for our client based in Central London area.
The successful post holder will have to work in various locations across Central London, supporting the Head Chef and kitchen staff, by preparing and cooking a variety of dishes as requested by the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook’s instructions.
- Stirring and heating soups and sauces as well as preparing hot beverages.
- Assist with meat preparation and cooking whenever required.
- Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Work references covering last 3 years
- Valid UK driving licence
- Previous kitchen experience
- Food Hygiene certificate (or be willing to obtain one)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow directions and instructions
WORKING HOURS AND RATE:
- Mon – Fri, 09:00am 17:00pm
- Rate: £14 Umbrella
Please note, only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.