Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Housing Repairs Advisor for our client a large local government based in East Devon.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for housing customer’s ensuring a prompt and comprehensive response to enquiries by telephone, online, email, text or by letter. Maintain the housing database ensuring all tenants personal details and all property records are up to date and accurate at all times. Support and assist Housing Officers to provide a comprehensive housing service to all our customers.
This is a 3 month starting contract with the possibility for extensions.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Receive, resolve and respond in timely and courteous way to all enquiries by telephone, e-mail and in person from all sources and liaise with colleagues and other Directorates to resolve issues when required.
- Take responsibility for owning all enquiries and resolve most issues without recourse to other Housing staff.
- Provide housing advice and assistance to tenants, staff and outside agencies when required.
- Maintain property records and personal data on our housing system and ensure all correspondence, forms and documents are scanned, labelled and filed correctly through EDMS.
- Provide administrative support to housing colleagues; team meetings and service review groups, including word processing, data analysis, mail merge, spreadsheets and inputting and maintaining records on our housing database.
- Provide housing staff with stationery requirements and maintain stocks of leaflets and ensure the reception area information is maintained at all times.
- Manage Housing staff electronic diaries and where necessary make appointments for staff to visit tenants or attend site meetings.
- Deal with all Housing email and online enquiries and applications for housing service.
- Assist with letting of Council properties including receiving and giving out of keys, maintain void terminations and lists, advertising properties, administering property offers/letters/ refusals/acceptances, viewing arrangements, and maintaining welcome packs.
- Assist with sign ups of new tenants for Council housing and mutual exchanges, and preparations of all documentation including Support Service/Home safeguard supporting forms.
- Assist with all aspects of tenancy management and managing the administration of successions and assignments including amending tenancy name(s) and moving from Introductory to Secure or Flexible tenancy.
- Knowledge of Housing services.
- An understanding of current issues in local government.
- Ability to interpret information via the telephone and enter information direct into the computer.
- Evidence of practical experience in a front facing customer service role.
- Experience of call centre environment and telephony.
- Basic DBS certificate.
Working Hours: 09:00am – 17:00pm, Monday – Friday
Pay: £16.40 – £17.98 p/h
Please note this role is within the scope of IR35.
Key Words: Call Centre, Telephone, Administrative, DBS, Housing, Repairs