Our client based in North London are currently recruiting a Homelessness Prevention Navigator Officer to join their Early Homelessness Prevention Service team in Camden.
The successful candidate will act as a dedicated resource to develop and build upon boroughs’ existing good practice around providing homelessness prevention earlier upstream, working specifically with key agencies to identify and assist people at high risk of homelessness.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain relationships, working with a range of key agencies in identifying clients at high risk of homelessness to ensure early intervention and improve the likelihood of successful homeless prevention.
- Support the Service Coordinator and individual borough leads in identifying those key agencies where this would most add value.
- Work with each borough lead in building upon existing and set up new referral pathways and outreach within identified key agencies, along with the criteria for a range of housing solutions.
- Deliver targeted advice, assistance and support to clients threatened with homelessness, managing a personal caseload of at least 110 clients each year.
- Provide clients with a written record of the advice and guidance provided, along with actions agreed, so serving to pilot the Personal Housing Plans.
- Support the Service Coordinator in developing plans for individual intervention projects and making any service improvements to ensure best fit within the overall agreed service specification.
- Undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
- The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job. It has been used to draw up the advert and will also be used in the short-listing and interview process for this post.
- Extensive experience of delivering advice and support to prevent homelessness, considering the full range of housing options available to residents
- Enhanced DBS
- Degree level or experience and skills equivalent to the requirements of the post
- Up-to-date detailed knowledge of homelessness legislation, guidance and case law, of the broader housing environment and knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with experience of initiating and building effective working relationships across a range of partners
- Experience of working within a high performing front line housing service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered