Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Homeless Persons Officer for our client based in Waltham Forest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide floating support for rough sleepers who have been accommodated during COVID19
- face-to-face home visits -PPE can be provided
- Some work may be carried out over the phone or via video call
- Provide support around benefits, maximising income, move on options
- Liaising with external services and providing general tenancy sustainment support.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Direct experience of working with rough sleepers
- Experience of working with homeless clients
- Knowledge of the complex needs and problems that confront homeless people especially those with a history of Substance Abuse
- Knowledge Of Part 7 Of The 1996 Housing Act And The Homelessness Act 2002
- Experience of multi-agency working to assist customers with multiple and complex needs
- Understanding of clients with mental health issues
- Understanding of the complexities of working with people who have a history of street homelessness.
- Ability to undertake lone working and home visits, where necessary.
- Previous experience in a customer service/customer facing role
- Working knowledge of homeless issues
- Fully Computer literate
Working hours: 09.00 pm to 17.30 pm (Monday to Friday)
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered