Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Finance Officer for our client based in Lambeth and surrounding area.
The successful post holder will deliver a highly effective finance service that will enable the client to deliver the set outcomes. The post holder will operate efficiently, using existing processes and procedures to advise on best accounting practice to improve and enhance service delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide financial support, advice and information to a range of customers and organisations, responding to routine procedural queries as well as non-routine issues and requests.
- Work on computerised financial transaction systems and standard software packages to support the delivery of effective budgeting systems throughout the year (including budget profiling and budget adjustments as required).
- Taking financial lead on projects as required, enabling managers to meet their financial and budgetary responsibilities by providing effective financial support and monitoring
- Contribute to the design and delivery of training as appropriate to enabling a culture of ownership with defined financial processes and controls
- Supervise and advise more junior staff within own work area as necessary.
- Undertake benchmarking activities including collection and manipulation of data sets.
- Appropriate qualification e,g. from a recognised professional body in Credit Management or working towards a relevant qualification
- Knowledge and experience of local authority accounting requirements
- Experience of the financial management and production of the comprehensive reports
- Work references covering last 5 years
- Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
HOURS: 09:00am – 17:30pm (Monday to Friday)
RATE: £26.22 Umbrella
Please note, only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.