Our client based in Waltham Forest are currently recruiting a Facilities Maintenance Manager for 3 months to begin with – could become permanent role for the Client-side management of M&E and building fabric maintenance across a large and diverse portfolio of buildings and sites. The successful candidate will manage the relationship with and performance of the TFM maintenance provider and the provider of statutory workplace-related risk assessments. You will ensure the smooth output of planned maintenance tasks, remedial and extra works activities, liaising between provider and customer as needed.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Ensure work is completed on time and in line with good industry quality standards and that it is within the agreed budget and cost.
- Have experience in working across portfolio of buildings – public and private sector experience
- Fix problems and transition
- Evaluate remedial and extra works quotations to ensure proposals are sound and represent value for money. Agree programmes of work with service providers and customers.
- Seek solutions, and present ideas and progress reports to managers and customers.
- Undertake regular audits with the TFM provider and statutory workplace risk assessment provider against contractual SLAs and KPIs.
- Undertake own regular reviews of contractor performance by visual inspection and by interrogating data and reports. Ensure corrective measures with service providers are agreed and met.
- Attend scheduled and ad-hoc meetings with service providers, ensuring accurate minuting and that action points are followed through in a timely manner.
- Line manage a small in-house compliance team of 2.
- Work closely with Health & Safety officers on all matters relating to statutory workplace regulations. Conduct joint inspections with the H&S team of buildings and sites and ensure non-compliances are remedied in a prompt manner.
- Ensure Concerto asset management system is kept up to date with evidence of statutory compliance, etc.
- Assist line management in progressing the strategy for the transfer of the existing outsourced Hard Services management TFM contract to a new service model, which will provide a high standard of maintenance in accordance with good industry standards and ensure full statutory compliance within the estate.
- Extensive, proven experience in a similar role and within a public sector, client-side environment is essential. Some private sector, commercial exposure is also desirable.
- A formal Building Services management qualification is highly desirable – BTEC/HNC/HND/degree in Building Services Engineering or similar. A proven background in these disciplines is essential.
- A formal, appropriate H&S qualification is highly desirable – NEBOSH or equivalent.
- Member of Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management desirable.
- Proactive and practical approach to the role, which requires both office-based work and site inspections, is essential.
- Excellent communications skills – both written and spoken, and at all levels, is essential as well as excellent report writing skills. A user-friendly, approachable personality is essential.
- Financial management experience and budget setting experience is essential.
- Confidence in liaising with external agencies and internal colleagues and having the skills necessary to plan your own and your team’s workload, ensuring efficient deployment of resources in conjunction with the work of the wider FM team is essential.
- Extensive experience in contract specification, management and negotiation is essential.
£280.90 – £350
Mon to Fri – 9-5.30