Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Environmental Health Officers for our client based in Kensington and Chelsea area.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring their statutory obligations in respect of the appropriate function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work towards a borough with good quality private sector housing that is well managed and put to the best possible use to meet people’s needs.
- To improve the quality of housing by increasing the number of private sector houses in decent condition that are currently occupied by vulnerable groups
- To assist in the delivery and implementation of a wide range of projects relating to the Borough’s Private Sector renewal strategy and, in partnership with other organisations, assist in the development of new initiatives to improve energy efficiency, address housing inequalities and improve housing standards.
- To deliver a customer focused, high quality service in accordance with the agreed service specifications, business plan, service level agreements and the requirements of legislation, delegated powers, Council policy and Standing Orders and officer codes of practice.
- To be the leading source of knowledge in the specialist areas and to provide a high level of technical advice and guidance to the team. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all relevant legislation, professional development, and new initiatives nationally and locally in respect of the functions.
- Recent suitable and practical experience of enforcement in private sector housing.
- Recent experience of surveying Houses in multiple occupation and drafting schedules of work.
- Recent experience of investigating complaints and dealing with enquiries in relation to the Housing Act 2004.
- Recent experience of undertaking enforcement action under the HHSRS of the Housing Act 2004.
- Recent experience of processing and assessing the suitability of HMO license applications.
- Recent experience of powers under the Housing and Planning Act 2016.
- Recent experience of advising senior managers, managers, employees, and service users on housing legislation and interpreting legislation.
- Experience of working with computers and an understanding of information technology.
- Experience of undertaking projects, researching topics, and preparing written reports.
- Experience to present clear written argument, which turns thought and analysis into coherent and practical policy proposals
Working hours: 09:00 AM – 17:30 PM
Rate: £25 umbrella
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered