Our Client based in South London are currently recruiting an Environmental Enforcement Officer to carry out environmental enforcement activity, including fly-tipping, littering, dog fouling, unlicensed street trading, commercial waste enforcement, enforcement of Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO).
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Work in partnership with internal departments, partner agencies and statutory bodies to deliver high profile enforcement and regulatory services; which challenge, deter and prevent various forms environmental crime
- Investigate environmental crime on behalf of citizens and other stakeholders and utilise the full range of statutory powers to take robust enforcement action to tackle recurrent offending behaviour.
- Ensure that performance targets are achieved in respect of case management and enforcement activity and develop a customer satisfaction based approach towards problem solving
- Carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the Computer Misuse Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act, and other relevant legislation, procedures, standing orders and financial regulations.
- Take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and evidence of continuing professional development, or experience (one year) and evidence of professional development where no degree is held.
- The post holder must hold a full, manual UK driving licence, with no more than six points. This must be maintained throughout employment
- At least one-year experience in a similar front-line environmental enforcement, Consumer Protection or regulatory enforcement role.
- The post holder is required to hold a standard DBS certification from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered