Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Drivers Mate, for our client – a food manufacturing company, based in Haringey, London.
The successful post holder will be required to do some heavy lifting, as you will be moving frozen and fresh meat, packaging, and moving pallets when needed and required. The food manufacturing company have been in operation for the past 32 years and supply frozen/fresh doner kebab meat across the UK and far East / Asia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Packing and loading the vehicle, taking account of the delivery order and making sure that items are easily accessible.
- Checking that all of the items are accounted for against delivery sheets.
- Examining the vehicle before setting off, checking the load is safe.
- Telephoning customers to confirm delivery times.
- Planning routes, navigating and advising the driver about diversions.
- Helping unload goods at the delivery point.
- Removing packaging and placing items at the customer’s request.
- Obtaining delivery signatures from customers.
- Processing payments and issuing receipts.
- Excellent verbal English language
- Previous experience desirable
- Physically fit, as role involves heavy lifting
WORKING HOURS AND RATE:
- 8am – 4pm, Mon-Fri
- £9.50 per hour
- Full PPE will be provided (shoes, hat and overalls)
Please note, only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.