The successful candidate is required to maintain a high standard of order and cleanliness throughout the centre and support Early Years Workers in their work with the children.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Clean and tidy designated areas and appliances such as communal rooms, group rooms, laundry area, kitchen, toilets and bathrooms, including vacuum cleaning, washing, sweeping, emptying of letter bins, polishing and mopping.
- Prepare fresh or frozen vegetables, uncooked snacks and beverages.
- Wash crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils by hand or using a dishwasher. Cleaning kitchen appliances when necessary and set tables for lunch, distribute lunch and clear up rooms.
- Launder items of clothing, linen, towels etc., involving the operation of laundry equipment, hand-washing and ironing. Identifying items of linen and clothing in need of repair and carrying out basic repairs or sewing as required.
- Undertake heavier cleaning when necessary, including stripping and polishing hard floors and cleaning carpets.
- Be responsible for the basic security of the workplace which shall include reporting to the Head of Nursery any matter which may affect the security of the building or site, including the locking of buildings, the setting and switching off of alarms in buildings as and when required. Where appropriate to be a designated key-holder for a specified building(s) or site(s) and to undertake this task with due regard for security at all times and as per instructions.
- When necessary, to provide a basic porterage service, including the movement of furniture equipment, supplies and materials and clearing areas to facilitate specific cleaning tasks, or for a change of purpose.
- When required, to feed pets, water houseplants etc., in accordance with the instructions of the Nursery Head.
- The centre can be noisy and duties in the kitchen can involve the environment being hot.
- The duties involve exposure to hazardous cleaning materials, throughout the working day. There is a need to be physically fit to carry out duties of the post (e.g. standing up throughout the working day, bending, carrying a vacuum cleaner and moving furniture etc.
- Potential hazards are associated with the use of cleaning materials and equipment, risk of muscular / skeletal injuries and exposure to hazardous cleaning materials on a daily basis.
- 5 years reference
- Enhanced DBS check
- Experience of working as a Domestic Assistant or in a similar role
- The ability to use domestic cleaning and laundry equipment
- Knowledge of Health & Safety in this area of work
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- A certificate in Food Hygiene is desirable
- Infection Control Certificate
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling of People Course
09:00am to 14:00pm, Monday to Friday
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered