To provide an efficient and effective service to the residents and other customers ensuring the best customer care practices are adopted. Dealing specifically with customer enquiries in the Customer Services Centre and in the Call Centre on a wide range of parking issues including suspensions and parking enforcement. The post holder will also be responsible for the suspending and lifting of suspensions on public pay and display bays and residents’ parking spaces. This includes applications for skip licences, temporary structures and plant and material licences.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Respond positively to enquiries and complaints made by customers in the Customer Services Centre ensuring that the best customer care practices are adopted at all times.
- Undertake telephone duties in the Call Centre giving accurate advice to customers on a wide range of parking issues, ensuring that all calls are responded to politely by giving the appropriate greeting including the post holder’s name.
- Ensure that the best use is made of manual and computer systems in place within the Department and Section.
- Working within the financial regulations and audit requirements, take cash, credit card and cheque payments for dispensations, skip licences, temporary structure licences, plant and material licences and suspensions.
- Ensure that information on suspension requirements is given to the on-street Suspension Officers accurately and timely.
- Assist with the supervision and training of new and inexperienced staff, providing support and sharing knowledge when required.
- The post holder is required to participate in a section rota undertaking the whole cross-section of duties covering the Customer Services Centre, Call Centre and Suspensions.
- Working in an Enforcement environment
- Demonstrable use of IT on a daily basis
- Working with the minimum of supervision and as part of a team
- Working in a pressurised front-line Customer Services environment
- Work in a pressurised environment and achieve deadlines
- Maintain high levels of motivation and attention to details
- Embrace new challenges and adapt to change
- Ability to deal with difficult and often angry or abusive members of the public over the telephone and in person, in a calm and professional manner
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered