Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Council Tax Officer to work for our client based in Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea.
The successful post holder will work as a member of a team, dealing with all aspects of the collection and recovery of Council Tax, from billing to committal, for a designated part of the Royal Borough.
Main Responsibilities but not limited to:
- To deal with routine correspondence, ensuring that it is handled correctly and expeditiously in conformance with the documented procedures and work instructions
- To update the Council Tax database, in accordance with information received, ensuring that all input conforms to the documented quality targets.
- To update the DIP database, in accordance with information received, ensuring that all input conforms to the Quality System in place.
- To action system reports within prescribed time frames
- To assist in the selection and preparation of cases to be brought before the Magistrates’ Court, and to assist at Court Hearings
- To dispatch and action post-summons documentation within prescribed time frames
- To deal with customer enquiries by telephone or in person
- To action refund applications
- To assist in audits and projects relating to quality initiatives
- Previous contact center experience required
- Must have extensive experience with IBS Civica
- Must have extensive experience in Council Tax processes and legislation
- Basic keyboard skills (data entry).
- Experience in accessing and extracting information from database systems.
- Experience in working in a Revenues or Benefits environment (or equivalent) and knowledge of Council Tax legislation and procedures.
- Experience of front-line customer contact (by phone and in person).
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages
Working hours: 08.30 -17.30 pm
Rate :£17.70 umbrella
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered