Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Community Safety Projects Officer for our client a large local government based in Brent.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate specific projects identified by the Safer Brent Partnership to reduce crime and disorder in Brent.
This co-ordination will include project management, production of performance management information, budget management and keeping the Safer Brent Partnership and management team updated on issues and actions arising to ensure that appropriate steps have been taken to ensure that specified matters are pursued within the stated timescales.
This is a 5 month contract with the possibility of extensions.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Coordinate, with support and minimal supervision end to end, community safety projects in support of the Safer Brent Partnership priorities.
- Contribute to the development, preparation, maintenance and implementation of Community Safety Strategies and Action Plans.
- Manage records and prepare reports on project delivery.
- Support the review and implementation of the SBP strategy and action plan
- Work to enhance partnership working inside and outside of the authority influencing partners to play a role in the delivery of the priorities of the organisation and in particular the Community Safety Team.
- Manage personal workload, changing priorities and personal objectives.
- Compile, produce and present reports for committees, council and other partners as required.
- Compile reports and briefings for senior managers and members as required.
- Prepare and distribute publicity and promotional material.
- Establish and support structures to facilitate residents feedback on the service they receive from Community Safety Team.
- Proven ability to apply problem solving methods (e.g. SARA and situational crime prevention methods).
- Good understanding of crime theory and crime and disorder legislation gained in a relevant criminal justice agency.
- Knowledge and experience of data protection, accessible information and data sharing procedures appropriate to local government.
- Knowledge of project management techniques.
- Experience of delivering community safety outcomes through a project management methodology.
Working Hours: 09:00am – 17:00pm, Monday – Friday
Pay: £25.17 p/h
Please note this role is within the scope of IR35.
Key words: Crime, Community, Project