Communications and Content Officer £19-£21 p/h
Our client based in North London are currently recruiting a Communications and Content officer to join their communications and content team. The successful candidate will develop and deliver a range of creative and high quality content across a range of on and offline channels, informing and engaging residents and stakeholders with their priorities and protecting and enhancing their brand and reputation.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Help deliver the objectives set out in the Communications Framework, helping to manage the reputation by promoting and providing information on news and services to a range of on and offline channels, including media, social media and email.
- Write high quality news releases, pitching news releases and placing stories, writing and ghost writing features, setting up broadcast interviews and facilitating TV and radio, providing advice and training support where appropriate.
- Regularly evaluate media and social media coverage, measuring message take up and effectiveness of campaigns and providing timely feedback on coverage to key stakeholders.
- Use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
- Undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and in writing, including presentation skills. In particular, the ability to write high quality, engaging, journalist standard press releases and features.
- Excellent inter-personal, persuasion and negotiating skills with the ability to form and maintain productive, professional working relationships with a diverse range of individuals and groups and to influence outcomes using persuasive argument.
- Experience in either a similar role or related job (e.g. journalism, social media, marketing)
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered