Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Commissioning Manager for our client a local government based in Dorset.
The successful candidate will report to the strategic commissioning lead and will be responsible for the development and delivery of projects, and where relevant the commissioning of a range of interventions, that support prevention, and independence.
Interventions will be based on evidence and be targeted to meet the needs of the population and in response to planned changes in the NHS which will see more people cared for in their own homes. The role will focus on a whole system approach and engage with a range of partners including the voluntary and community sector, housing and Public Health.
This is a 4 month starting contract with the possibility for extensions.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Improve outcomes for Dorset Communities through the development and delivery of effective frameworks, strategies and plans for the commissioning of social care services for adults in area of allocated responsibility.
- Ensure that the commissioning of services in allocated areas of responsibility follows a recognised commissioning cycle on behalf of adults and communities within Dorset that ensures the Local Authority meets its responsibilities under the Care Act and other associated social care and wider relevant legislation.
- Undertake needs and impact assessments which involve service users, adult care operational staff and wider partners.
- Design and deliver pathways that turn commissioning intentions into positive outcomes for individuals.
- Ensure that commissioned services are delivered through sustainable financial models and within available resources in areas of allocated responsibility.
- Commission effective services and to negotiate with providers to ensure that resources are used in the most effective way to deliver identified outcomes for service users and communities.
- Establish clear strategic processes, owned and understood by all stakeholders for the delivery of commissioned services in areas of allocated responsibility.
- Work closely with the corporate commercial hub to ensure that procurement arrangements and contracts are compliant and that clear performance criteria are established.
- Set up systems to monitor performance ensuring that a wide range of evidence and intelligence is used to monitor the quality and effectiveness of commissioned services.
- Ensure that systems are in place to enable reporting of performance against local and national targets.
- Ensure that governance and policies and procedures including data protection are maintained and adhered to.
- Co-ordinate and compile regular and ad hoc management information required by groups and boards.
- Be responsible for the use of budgets and resources within agreed delegated authority limits, financial governance arrangements and the scheme of delegation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or equivalent significant relevant experience in specialist area.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Experience of commissioning.
- Experience of team and budget management.
- Experience of successful co-ordination of a wide range of partners and of working collaboratively in a health, housing or social care setting.
- Experience of report writing e.g. for committees and external bodies.
- Experience of bid preparation.
- Experience of managing complex projects.
- Specialist knowledge of the areas which relate to commissioning responsibility.
- Knowledge of research and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of relevant social care and health legislation and policy and national and local policies relating to adults.
- Adult Barring DBS certificate.
Working Hours: 08:45am – 17:15pm, Monday – Friday
Pay: £27.32 to £30.94 p/h
Please note this role is within the scope of IR35.
Key Words: Commissioning, procurement, project, contract, strategy