Our client based in Wood Green are currently recruiting a Cleaner with a DBS to work Monday – Friday at their Centre.
The successful candidate will ensure the Centre is cleaned daily and also to ensure the immediate vicinity, including car park and side paved area, of the Centre is also cleaned on a daily basis.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Sweep and machine mop all areas of the Centre on a routine basis. This will include Public & Office areas, including the Toilets, Training rooms, Art Studio and Kitchen if required.
- Clean the immediate vicinity of the centre on a routine basis. This will include Car Park, Paved area and Small garden area.
- Manage stock so that reordering of cleaning materials and equipment takes place in a timely fashion.
- Respond to cleaning emergencies as they arise, undertake other temporary duties consistent with the basic objectives and duties of the post.
- Undertake appropriate training as identified in supervision and appraisal, act at all times in accordance with company and departmental policy.
- Exercise responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act, as laid down or as may be amended by departmental procedures.
- Solid employment reference details
- Cleaning in a large public building using machinery if required
- Ability to manage stock and advise manager/ administrator when to re order
- Ability to clean a busy building when open to the public
- Experience of working with the public in a courteous manner
- Knowledge and awareness of issues relating to people from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Understanding and following Health and Safety rules and guidelines
- Ability to take responsibility for opening and closing the building and ensuring the security of the building when unoccupied
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered