Positive Employment is currently recruiting for Civil/Porters for our client based in Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
The successful candidate will be essentially the face, eyes and ears of the client providing great representation for the organisation, setting up meeting rooms and replenishing water where applicable and have a key role in facilitating high level of professionalism, while ensuring that visitors have a positive experience visiting the sites with the civic building operational 24 hours a day.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To work a split shift pattern Monday – Friday between the hours of 06.30 – 19.30 consisting of an early and a late shift rotating fortnightly with two civic assistants on each shift.
• To check daily all the toilets
•To carry out daily walk arounds of the building ensuring all areas are tidy and presentable at all times.
• To daily clean, tidy and reconfigure all meeting rooms in the Freeman Suite as per client’s requirements and assist with any audio and visual aids as and when required.
• To check daily and liaise with internal and external clients regarding forthcoming room bookings.
• To daily check the Cabinet Meeting Room and replenish the coffee machine and table water.
• To daily check and tidy the Leaders Room by the Mayors Parlour and replenish the table water.
• To daily check and tidy the Leaders Room by governance and replenish the table water. Including daily wash and clean the carafes and glasses used in the Civic Suite committee rooms.
• To daily check all smart boards in all the meeting rooms
• To complete daily floor checks
•Checking first aid kits, Fire extinguishers, bulbs, workstation chairs, wet and dry bins next to office service stations and reporting any defects from the floors to helpdesk.
• To cover Civic Reception when required.
• Ensure all waste is compacted as necessary and that bins are accessible for rubbish removal contractor
• To empty and clear recyclable waste from Print Room.
• Ensure newspapers delivered at Main Desk are sorted by department and distributed accordingly. • To collect and deliver post to all Departments (twice daily).
- 3 years’ work reference
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Candidates are required to be Friendly, approachable and assertive when necessary.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to deal with members of the public, staff, senior officers, Councillors and people at different levels.
- Effective communication and influencing skills and capabilities
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent gained through experience
This post is for 6-12 months but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered