Our client based in Waltham Forest are currently looking for an enthusiastic and hard working person to join our busy Cemeteries team as a Cemetery Operative on a Temporary basis.
The successful candidate must have experience either as Labourer, ground worker or gardener and must possess a Full UK Drivers Licence as you will be required to travel between two Cemeteries.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Measuring and marking out grave spaces
- Using a mechanical excavator and hand tools to dig and prepare graves and keeping graves tidy
- Checking headstones for damage and removing those that are unsafe
- Maintaining lawns, verges and plants around the cemetery
- You will be hard working, enthusiastic, willing to learn and a good team player and willing to do whatever is required to get the job done
- You must be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers and in challenging conditions
- Working with other funeral and cemetery staff is vital to the role, as good communication skills and a caring and compassionate nature for dealing with the bereaved
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered