Our client based in North London are currently recruiting a Career Grade Planner to join their Strategic Projects and Transport Planning Service team to meet challenges, create a high quality built environment, and to respond to the changing demands in the way people travel, they are working with Transport for London on an ambitious programme to improve conditions for residents.
They ideally require a candidate with transport planning or engineering-related background to take on complex and challenging work programmes. You will be given a portfolio of projects to deliver that will transform the public realm and improve transport facilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- A broad understanding of transport planning policies, principles and issues
- Experience in the delivery of complex transport projects
- Ability to work collaboratively to redesign streets and major junctions
- Understanding of the principles of traffic modelling and traffic modelling data
- Experience of working within a recognised project management framework
- Ability to draft funding bids and lobby for investment;
- Ability to provide expert advice to members, management and less experienced colleagues
- Qualification in transport planning, urban design, highway engineering, town planning, regeneration, project management or a related discipline to degree level or equivalent with a proven track record of successful post-qualification practice.
They are particularly interested to hear from candidates with an urban design background and/or experience of delivering public realm improvements projects. The candidate must also have very good communication skills and be able to work creatively and constructively within a team.
Working hours: Mon -Fri 9 -5
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered