Payments Officer – £13.15 – £16.37 per hour
Our client based in Southwark are currently recruiting a Payments Officer to ensure payments made are accurate and in the event of any over payments being made these are recovered from suppliers.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To run frameworki pay cycles in accordance with annual payment schedules agreed with the finance manager, for designated are and to provide cover for payment officers.
- To reconcile each pay cycle with the previous period pay cycle and explain any variances. Any payments that should not be made should be “held” or “rejected”
- To add variations to pay cycles in respect of adjustments i.e. payments made for 5 days after each death, to adjust for manual payments made outside of paycycle etc.
- Send a frameworki tasks to the payments and or finance manager requesting pay cycles be authorised and complete pay cycles when certified by the manager.
- Ensure Frameworki interfaces successfully into Agresso and resolve any issues that may cause an interface file to fail.
- To ensure over payments made to providers are reclaimed in a timely manner and that records of overpayments and reclaims are maintained and credit control actions are taken if and when required.
- Ensure that overpayments reclaims are correctly accounted for both in Frameworki and the Agresso accounting system.
- To make manual/emergency payments through the Agresso accounting system for any payments required in between scheduled pay cycles.
- To ensure all supplier queries relating to payments made through Frameworki are dealt with promptly and in accordance with good customer care practices.
- To upload, reconcile and pay day care invoices through Frameworki, via the Agresso interface.
- To liaise with suppliers, the Frameworki team and BT Managed Services to ensure the suppliers are set up on both Frameworki and Agresso.
- To undertake any additional payment related duties, as directed by Payments Manager.
- To provide a high standard of customer service, to both internal and external customers.
- To use the Council’s office-based and mobile IT services for the input, access and transmission of information using the appropriate level of information security and classification through the use of electronic mail, diaries, word processing and spreadsheets as well as any specific job-related applications as required to carry out the duties of the post.
- To comply with information rights legislation and the councils data quality standards by applying information management related policies. To report instances of non-compliance, errors, omissions or inadequacies in procedures to the business unit manager.
- To know and adhere to the councils equal opportunities policy and equalities legislation and implement in relation to job responsibilities in employment and service delivery.
- To take reasonable care for his/her own healthy and safety and any other person who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work, in accordance with the Health and Safety legislation.
- To support the Councils role in planning for and responding to civil and council emergencies using skills/expertise of the post holder, and in accordance with council emergency procedures. To provide emergency contact details for the purposes of emergency and service continuity plans.
- Work under the councils smart-working policy.
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered